Responsible Wood Sourcing Policy
Minted Space™ is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, including the wood used in our furniture. Minted Space is dedicated to working with our suppliers on an ongoing basis to eliminate wood from unacceptable sources and to progressively increase the amount of responsible wood – wood from certified, recycled/reclaimed and regenerative sources – procured over time.
Minted Space recognizes the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as an important tool to promote responsible forest management. We have a preference for sourcing FSC-certified wood furniture when it meets our requirements.
Minted Space is also firmly committed to avoiding unacceptable sources, including:
- Illegally harvested or traded timber
- Timber harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest management
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use
- Timber from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
- Furthermore, Minted Space wants to preserve old forests and therefore we do not procure or sell wood that is slow growth unless that wood is FSC certified, reclaimed or recycled.
Through this policy, Minted Space seeks to set a positive example to our peers and to do our part to protect the world’s forests.